ProVeg International is a food awareness organisation with the mission to reduce global animal consumption by 50% by the year 2040. We launched earlier this year and are active in four different countries – the UK, Germany, Poland, and Spain – with more to follow in 2018. With effective campaigns, international events and other innovative projects, ProVeg supports a transition to plant-based living, providing the public with practical help, tips and information in order to make more informed dietary choices. Animal Charity Evaluators rates ProVeg as one of the four most effective organisations working against animal suffering in Europe.www.proveg.com
This is your chance!
Want to accelerate the shift to a more plant-based society by working on effective, impact-driven campaigns? Excited by the prospect of joining a progressive, fast-growing international pro-vegan charity at the start of its journey?
In the UK, ProVeg will work with governments, private companies, public institutions and medical professionals to transition to a more plant-based society and economy that is sustainable for humans, animals and our planet. We call this approach ‘influencing the influencers’.
We also run public campaigns that encourage and support every step on the path to plant-based living. Most of these are rolled out internationally across all our ProVeg countries, multiplying our impact.
- playing a central role in our institutional campaigning
- leading on the organisation of VegMed, our plant-based medical conference, in the UK in 2019
- implementing international campaigns in the UK
- assisting with the day-to-day tasks of a small team
- have at least 12 months’ experience in a similar role
- be strategically-minded and impact-driven
- be solution-oriented with a positive can-do attitude
- have excellent communications skills with sharp attention to detail
- have good research skills
- be highly organised, and thrive on co-ordinating a wide range of tasks within tight timescales
- be resilient in the face of setbacks and challenges
- have a strong work ethic
- work well independently and also in a team environment
- care passionately about the aims of the organisation
- occasionally travel overseas, typically to Berlin, where ProVeg International is headquartered.
ProVeg - Work Environment
You’ll be joining a friendly and hard-working team soon to comprise of four full-time activists, all dedicated to reducing the global consumption of animals.
We believe in campaigning in a creative, effective and positive way without being dogmatic or trying to force ideologies upon others. A willingness to learn, openness and team spirit is also important to us.
Working closely with international colleagues, you’ll have the opportunity to share ideas and best practice, and learn from a wide network of inspiring individuals. This is a unique opportunity to be part of something special.
We’re based in the beautiful valley town of Hebden Bridge, which is easily accessible from Manchester and Leeds, and one of the most vegan-friendly places in the UK.
: We spend around three days per week at our wonderful creative co-working space
in Hebden Bridge (30 mins by train from Manchester, 50 mins from Leeds) and the remainder of the week working from home, with some additional flexibilityStarting salary
: 25 days plus bank holidaysStart date
: Soon as possibleDeadline for applications
: Monday 4th December
Application is by CV and covering letter to Jimmy Pierson at firstname.lastname@example.org.